20 February, 2010

Welcome To Madison Coffee Fellowship

cof.fee fel.low.ship
-noun
1.
the condition or relation of being a fellow: the fellowship of humankind.
2. friendly relationship; companionship: the fellowship of father and son.
3. community of interest, feeling, etc.
4. communion, as between members of the same organization.
5. an association of persons having similar tastes, interests, etc.


Welcome! I have had this idea of creating a forum for Madison, Wisconsin's coffee professionals for sometime. A place where we can meet and share, with common curiosity, about all things coffee. Fellowship seemed like a fitting noun to describe the aesthetic I'm going for. Something that is more knowledge and culture building rather than marketing or self appreciation. I'm not interested in that...I am interested in learning from others.

If you are a coffee professional, home roaster or barista, taster, enthusiast etc. and are interested in being a part of this community email me and I can add you as an author so that you can post to this site. I'm not a prolific writer...I think about coffee and its related people, trends, equipment etc. etc., but I will try to post my thoughts and experiences as much as I can.

Coffee is in its infancy both as a national industry and certainly as a Madison phenomenon. I think we have a responsibility as participants of this industry and culture to know how to provide our community with the most expertly prepared and best tasting coffees available.

Ok, that's it!

-Ryan

No comments:

Post a Comment